As you age or go through life events like giving birth, your pelvic floor muscles can weaken. This can your body’s control over certain functions, primarily your ability to urinate. Urinary incontinence is a condition that affects both women and men. Many women suffer from this as an effect of pregnancy or childbirth, where the pelvic floor is damaged, weakened, or both. This results in it feeling difficult to “hold it” and unexpected leakage.
While there are very quick fixes like pads and liners, or invasive surgical solutions, many people prefer something effective and non-invasive, like Emsella®. Emsella in Brentwood at Thrive Wellness is an FDA-cleared, advanced treatment for urinary incontinence. This procedure uses the power of High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic (HIFEM) energy to trigger muscle contractions in the pelvic floor, strengthening them for the long term.
What it Treats: Urinary incontinence, Urinary leakage, urgency, and frequency, Weak pelvic floor muscles, Sexual health.
Procedure Time: A series of 28-minute treatment sessions
Eligibility: Female or Male – 18 ages or older
Recovery & Downtime: There is no downtime after Emsella in Brentwood. You can receive this treatment before, during, or after your work day and get back to your routine with no discomfort or recovery period.
What are the benefits of Dermaplaning in Brentwood?
01. Non-Invasive Solution for Urinary Incontinence. Urinary incontinence can quickly take a hold of your life. Emsella is a non-invasive solution to significantly improve your symptoms and give you a renewed sense of control.
02. Sexual Health Benefits. A stronger pelvic floor has sexual health benefits, including stronger sensations and an overall positive effect on sexual wellness.
03. Easy and Quick Treatment. The treatment process for Emsella couldn’t be more simple. All you have to do is sit on the Emsella chair as it helps strengthen your pelvic floor without pain or discomfort.
What to Expect?
Consultation. Before your treatment with Emsella in Brentwood, you will meet with a provider to discuss your symptoms, questions, expectations with treatment, and overall goals. We will then create a personalized treatment program for you that includes how many Emsella treatment sessions you will need for your desired results.
Emsella treatment. For your treatment, you will simply relax on the Emsella chair for the 28-minute treatment session. During this time, you can relax or read a book or magazine as Emsella stimulates thousands of muscle contractions to strengthen your pelvic floor—all in a painless procedure.
Next steps. You may notice immediate improvement after your first treatment with Emsella at Thrive Wellness. The best results will come from completing a series of treatments, where you will have a stronger pelvic floor, improved bladder control, and enhanced sexual wellness.
Before your treatment with Emsella in Brentwood, you should:
- Wear comfortable, light clothing. You do not need to remove any clothing for the procedure, but heavier fabrics may inhibit the treatment.
- Ensure you do not have any health conditions that would exclude you from this treatment.
- Remove all metals, credit cards, and electronic devices on your person before treatment.
After your treatment with Emsella in Brentwood, we recommend you:
- Follow a recommended maintenance plan as needed to prolong your Emsella results.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do Emsella results last? How long your Emsella results last depends on each individual, but it ranges between 6 months to 1 year. We recommend maintenance treatments as needed.
What does Emsella feel like? Most patients report that it feels like a mild tingling sensation in the pelvic area.
Is Emsella painful? No, Emsella is not painful. It is an easy, non-invasive urinary incontinence treatment.
How many Emsella treatments do I need? We can determine how many Emsella treatments you need during your consultation with a provider, where we will learn about your symptoms, concerns, and goals.