Sexual health is every bit as important as any other aspect of your health. For women, particularly as they age, sexual health can decline and result in issues such as urinary incontinence, loss of libido, vaginal dryness, and even a loss of sexual responsiveness. This problem becomes especially prevalent in postmenopausal women.
If these issues are all too familiar, the O-shot may be your solution! Utilizing platelet-rich plasma from your own body, the O-shot is a natural solution that provides rejuvenation and increased sexual responsiveness.
What it Treats: Urinary incontinence, Stress, Vaginal dryness, Sexual dysfunction, Painful intercourse, Inability or decreased ability to achieve orgasm, Chronic vaginal pain, Pelvic floor weakness.
Procedure Time: 1 shot every 14-18 months
Eligibility: Female – 21 years or older
Why try O-Shot treatment in Brentwood?
01. Increased sexual responsiveness. By injecting platelet-rich plasma into the clitoris and upper vagina, your body’s own growth hormones are able to regenerate the area, decrease dryness, and improve sexual function and pleasure.
02. Treats urinary incontinence. This regeneration also helps treat the symptoms of urinary incontinence in women, including issues with bladder control, leaking, and frequent urination.
03. Natural treatment. Because the treatment utilizes the platelets from your own body, the treatment itself is completely natural and produces long-term results!
What to Expect?
Consultation. Before your O-shot treatment in Brentwood, you’ll meet with one of our providers for a consultation. We will discuss your concerns, symptoms, goals, and sensitivities. Based on this initial consultation, we will create a personalized treatment plan for your needs.
O-Shot Treatment. For your O-shot treatment, you’ll start by receiving a blood draw to extract the platelet-rich plasma from your body. This plasma contains the growth hormones that help heal and regenerate the treated area. After separating and concentrating those platelets in a centrifuge, we inject that plasma back into the clitoris and upper vagina. The procedure itself offers little to no discomfort, as we’ll provide a local anesthetic to the area.
Results. You can expect to see results from your O-shot treatment within days to weeks following your injection. The outcomes from your O-shot treatment should last anywhere between 14 and 18 months, after which you can choose to receive another injection.
Before your appointment for O-shot treatment in Brentwood, it is important to:
Speak to your medical provider:
Prior to any sort of medical procedure, it’s best to speak to your provider to ensure that O-shot treatment is right for you. During this time, you can review your medical history and your medications.
Know the potential side effects:
Side effects aren’t always prevalent, but there are some potential side effects of O-shot treatments. If you experience extreme or worsening symptoms, please contact your provider.
- Bruising at the injection site
- Hypersensitivity at the injection site
- Spontaneous orgasm
- Numbness, swelling, redness at the injection site
- Scar Tissue
To get the most from your O-shot treatment in Brentwood, we recommend taking the following steps:
- Use all medications as directed for the recommended amount of time.
- Speak to your provider if you experience any abnormal or prolonged symptoms.
- Refrain from taking Motrin for 4-6 weeks after treatment
Seek urgent medical attention if you develop:
- severe redness
- severe swelling
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the O-shot hurt?
What are the side effects of the O-shot?
How many treatments do I need?
Who is eligible for the O-shot?
How do I know if I need the O-shot?