In recent years, athletes, celebrities, and beauty influencers have come to see the rejuvenating effects of orthopedic injection of PRP. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a naturally occurring part of everyone’s body and can be used for cosmetic purposes, as well as to speed up the body’s healing process.
In this treatment, we draw a small amount of blood and spin it out in a centrifuge to separate PRP from blood cells. At PRACTICE, we can then inject your PRP into desired areas of the body. It has proven this method can dramatically increase a patient’s speed of recovery from injury and pain. Because this treatment is natural, there is little to no possibility for side effects to occur, making this treatment safe for most everyone.
What it Treats: Enhance and speed up the body’s natural healing process for conditions such as: Osteoarthritis, Sprains, Plantar fasciitis, Tennis elbow, Golfer’s elbow, Achilles tendonitis, Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury, Meniscal injuries, Hair loss, Sagging skin, Loss of skin volume, Poor skin quality and more cosmetic and medical needs.
Procedure Time: 45 minutes
Eligibility: Female or Male – 18 or older
Recovery & Downtime: There is no need for downtime. You will be able to go about the rest of the day normal after your appointment.
What are the benefits of Dermaplaning in Brentwood?
01. Safe and Natural. This treatment carries little to no risk of side effects. PRP comes from your body, so there are no complications in using it to help signal your body’s cells to regenerate and repair the treated area of your body.
02. Impressive Results. Most see results of an orthopedic injection treatment begin to have an effect immediately after their treatment session. Results continue for weeks and months after injections.
03. Boost Healing. Studies have shown that in patients who received PRP orthopedic injections, healing speed increased by up to 800%.
What to Expect?
Consultation. At Thrive Wellness, consultations are where we get to know you and your individual needs and concerns so we can recommend the best possible treatment for you. From beginning to end, you’ll have our full attention and will be treated as a respected and valued guest of our office.
Book your Appointment. Our front desk staff will book your treatment for a day and time that works best for you. Then, we’ll provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your appointment to help optimize your results.
Arrive for Treatment. When you arrive, you’ll be invited to one of our comfortable and relaxing treatment rooms. We’ll give you a comprehensive review of the treatment and make sure you understand what to expect.
Sit Back and Relax. During orthopedic injection treatment, blood will be drawn and placed in a centrifuge to be spun out, separating your PRP from your blood cells. Once separated, we will then gently inject the PRP into the treatment area.
Next Steps. After your treatment session is complete, we will give you a brief review of your post-treatment instructions. At this time, we’ll book any follow-up appointments you may need and you’ll be able to go about the rest of your day normally.
To prepare for your orthopedic injection treatment in Brentwood:
- 1 week before treatment, stop taking anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, ginkgo, vitamin E, fish oil, etc.
- For at least 3 days before treatment, drink plenty of water to ensure proper hydration
Following your orthopedic injection treatment in Brentwood:
- Some patients prefer to be driven after their appointment, depending on the area of the body that was treated
- Avoid using anti-inflammatory medications (ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, etc.) for at least 1 week. You may use Tylenol for any soreness.
- Refrain from using ice on the treatment area.
- Depending on the treatment area, we may recommend reduced activity for 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can orthopedic injections speed up healing? Yes, platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) is one of 4 components of PRP and has been proven to increase cell proliferation by up to 800%. Drastically reducing the time it can take the body to heal.
Is it natural? We draw the PRP that is used in orthopedic injections from a small amount of your blood and is 100% part of your natural body.
How long does the procedure take? Average time for an orthopedic injection is 45 minutes..